Peter Starkel (231) 933-6301
Peter Starkel is a Branding Specialist with Fun Advisors; a nationally recognized strategist for the various entertainment center industries. He is an expert in revitalizing centers and using market research to attract a more lucrative customer. He consults in all areas of brand and revenue development.
Mr. Starkel has been a managing member of Fun Advisors’ parent company, Brand Champion, since 1997. He has worked with thousands of companies to develop successful branding strategies and programs in 72 communities around the United States and Canada.
- Center Modernization Summit: 2010 – 2016
- IAAPA: Fun Expo 2011, 2014
- BPAA: Bowl Expo 2012-2015
- AAMA: Amusement Expo
- Laser Tag 360 Indianapolis, IN
- Multi-Unit Bowling Industry Group: Luxury Client and Entertainment Centers
- Brunswick Bowling Corporation in Muskegon, Michigan – Developed and implemented major modernization sales track for the North American Sales Division. Features and layout consultation for SYNC CRM scoring and point of sale platform. Market research consultation and training.
- Alley Cats, Arlington, TX – Developed Brand Guidebook, revenue development consultation and group and event sales training.
- BAM! Holland, Michigan – Center modernization consulting. Transformed traditional 32 lane bowling center into multi-attraction bowling entertainment center. Increased revenue from $1.2 million to $3.2 million in less than 2 years. Developed revenue and operational systems.
- Metropolis Resort, Eau Claire, Wisconsin – Revenue strategy and brand development for an 110 room hotel water park and FEC in Wisconsin. Voted “Wisconsin’s Green Business of the Year” 2007, voted “Center of the Year” 2008 by FEC-NRG.
- Lucky Jacks, Traverse City Michigan – Managed operational redevelopment, conceptual and brand strategy. Tripled previous best one-day sales within three weeks of re-launch. Named “Center of Excellence” 2010 by Brunswick®.
Prior to working at Brand Champion, he spent 10 years in the broadcast industry managing and consulting radio stations. He developed a reputation as a turn around specialist with sales departments.
He has dual degrees in Journalism and Broadcast Management from Grand Valley State University and postgraduate studies at the Central Rockies Leadership Council. Peter has been trained directly by marketing giants Jack Trout, Harry Beckwith and Roy Williams.
Peter, his wife Lynda and two teenaged children live in Traverse City, Michigan, where in his free time he restores vintage VW’s and spends time skiing and sitting on the beach.